Insurance For Teachers

Teacher Insurance

There are two kinds of teacher insurance: insurance that covers costs for the teachers themselves, and also insurance that covers the cost of absent teachers.

In addition to standard insurance policies that protect against unemployment and illness, teachers can also secure cover for public liability and legal expenses. Some teacher and tutor policies are designed specificaly to protect you in the unfortunate event that you are held legally liable, following an injury to a member of the public or damage to third parties property. If you are involved in private tuition outside of your normal contract, it is essential to check any existing insurance arrangements.

Insurance For Teachers

In simple terms insurance is like a bet against the 'worst happening' - whether that's fire, flood, theft, accident, ill health, death or some other catastrophe. Insurance for teachers can cover such expenses as income protection, critical illness cover, buildings and contents insurance etc.

Insurance For Head Teachers

It can be difficult, for even the most experienced Head Teacher, to identify how much to budget for absent teacher costs. However, the solution can be found in the form of a specialist insurance scheme, which has been designed to enable you to insure against the costs of hiring supply teachers and staff.

If you are a head teacher, read more about supply teacher insurance so that you can cover the cost of absent teachers.